Tuesday, July 29, 2008

HRC: Transgenders Need Not Apply



Much like other groups that grow too big for their britches it seems that the HRC has become self aware, and self serving. Rather than take the high road and back the most marginalized of it's own people this GLBT group has decided that transgenders are holding the rest of the GLBT back from getting the equality we would otherwise have if we were to disassociate ourselves from transgenders. I join my friend Mark Snyder of the famed QueerToday blog in his disgust for this line of thinking, and I ask that those of you who have resources to donate that you find alternatives to the HRC. Equality is about being equal, not about being equal enough. I'll not be satisfied knowing that my equality came at the expense of my brothers and sisters, and I am sure I am not alone in that thought.

No comments: