Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sex, Sex, Sex

Is that all they can think about?

The Traditional Families Coalition is very troubled about a bill introduced in Congress that would repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".

March 26, 2009 – San Francisco Values Democrat Ellen Tauscher (CA) has introduced H.R. 1283, the “Military Readiness Enhancement Act Of 2009.” She already has 136 co-sponsors. Her misnamed bill should be called the “Legalization Of Sodomy On The Battlefield And Barracks Act” to more accurately describe what the legislation will legalize.



And they go on to moan and groan about how such a law woud subvert our military:

One of the most obvious ways it will subvert the military is to drive out men and women who view homosexuality as a sinful or unnatural behavior. These straight soldiers will retire or refuse to reenlist if they are forced to serve with individuals who engage in bizarre sex acts on military bases.

Why the obsession with sex?

Do they really believe that our soldiers, who will lay down their lives at a moment's notice to protect to least among us are so shallow? And do they think that our straight soldiers have any less libido ?

Every time I read their site , I find myself struck by their preoccupation with sex.

Whenever they talk about gay people, they never talk about courage, or bravery, or creativity, or leadership, or loyalty or any of the myriad qualities that these fine women and men bring to our military.

No, they talk about sex.

Tell me, who has the dirty mind here.

.

3 comments:

* said...

Wow. Weird. Because you know all we gay folk do is have 'bizarre sex acts' at all times.

Geez, if I had that much time to have sex, as much as some people think, I wouldn't be able to hold down a job, clean my house, do laundry or cook. I'd be too busy to maintain my life...I'd be having sex 24/7!

The nerve...

* said...

Don't make me get my anonoymous Christian loving friend on your blog, you know cause we are from the 'Tribe of lesbians and Gays"

lol, that post cracked me up. I felt the Christian love.

Thanks for your comments John, I'm so glad you stumbled on my blog!!

John Hosty said...

Well, I suppose I should do some picking up around here... lol!

Thanks for the kind words, the feeling is mutual.