The Ten Commandments
1. You shall have no other gods before me.
2. You shall not make for yourself an idol and worship it instead of me.
3. You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
4. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
Why is it that we can break any of these commandments... ALL of these commandments and still be afforded the equality and dignity of marriage by the United States Government, yet simply being gay is so terrible that we should deny ANYONE marriage based soley on that unchangable atribute, rather than judging their individual merits. Why must the gay community be held to a standard the heterosexual community does not hold itself to? How do the opponents of gay marriage justify their crusade without admitting they are imposing Christian values on citizens that do not wish to follow or believe them?