Friday, May 23, 2008

SENATOR BARACK OBAMA TO DELIVER WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY COMMENCEMENT ADDRESS

Press Release:

Chicago, IL – On Sunday, May 25, 2008, United States Senator Barack Obama will deliver the Commencement Address at the 176th Commencement Ceremony at Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut. Senator Obama is honored to speak on behalf of United States Senator Edward M. Kennedy, who was previously scheduled to deliver the address. “Ted and I talked about me filling in for him at Wesleyan University earlier this week. Considering what he's done for me and for our country, there's nothing I wouldn't do for him. So I'm looking forward to standing in his place on Sunday even though I know I won't be able to fill his shoes," Senator Obama said. Wesleyan University is handling media logistics for this event. For more information, please contact: David Pesci: dpesci@wesleyan.edu or 860-685-5612.


It filled my heart with such great sadness to hear the news of Senator Kennedy's condition that I have only recently began to speak about it to others. I am reminded of all those people who say they remember where and what they were doing when President Kennedy was assassinated. This time at least the tragedy falls after a full life, and Senator Kennedy has time to put his affairs in order while he hears the praise and thanks of the entire world. Even in the hardest of times this great man is thinking of our future, and not his own. We should take this for the endorsement it is and support Barak Obama as the next generation of leaders like Senator Ted Kennedy.

No comments: