Friday, September 01, 2006

Walmart Joins the NGLCC

National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Wal-Mart.

Another bastion of Conservatives joins the fight for equality.


As part of Wal-Mart’s involvement with NGLCC, Dee Breazeale, vice president of divisional merchandise, SAM’S CLUB Jewelry, will serve on the organization’s Corporate Advisory Council (CAC). The CAC is composed of GLCCcorporate partners whose mission is to discuss issues upon which members of the NGLCC and CAC work together to educate Corporate America and the public on the economic benefits of providing a diverse workplace and creating mutually beneficial relationships with the LGBT and LGBT-friendly business community.

As you can imagine, the Religious Right is not pleased.


Little by little, bit by bit, the tide is turning.

3 comments:

John Hosty said...

I am actually stunned by the steps I have seen in the short ammount of time I've been paying close attention. I never thought I would see Walmart take any step like this.

John Hosty said...

So is this the first of many steps, or is this simply a toe in the water? What's the forecast?

John Hosty said...

lol, John you kill me.