Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Vote Healey, Get Bush!

Republicans have been proving to me for twenty years they are willing to do anything, include lie, in order to get the office they seek. I distinctly recall in 1988 George H.W. Bush saying how he would not raise taxes. Isn't that what Kerry Healey is saying now? Bush said:

"And I'm the one who will not raise taxes. My opponent now says he'll raise them as a last resort, or a third resort. But when a politician talks like that, you know that's one resort he'll be checking into. My opponent, my opponent won't rule out raising taxes. But I will. And The Congress will push me to raise taxes and I'll say no. And they'll push, and I'll say no, and they'll push again, and I'll say, to them, 'Read my lips: no new taxes."

How chillingly reminiscent of the elder Bush that Kerry Healey would be attacking her opponent's character and be telling us she won't raise taxes. How will she fund a change for the better in education? Perhaps she intends on using the money she saved from charm school. Mud slinging seems to me the desperate, unscrupulous act of some politicians who are willing to resort to treachery in order to get what they want, and are unable to obtain by their own merit. Quoting the great statesman John Randolph of Virginia referring to a contemporary, Healey is "of splendid abilities but utterly corrupt, being like rotten mackerel by moonlight that both shines and stinks at the same time." In my opinion Kerry Healey is not an honest person, and another reason she does not deserve the greatest position of importance in our commonwealth because she is prideful to the point of hubris. The horror stories of doing business with her trail behind her wake, like any other diva.

Thankfully, from our disillusionment with Healey, like in most tragedies, erupts comedy. Let's smile when remembering how to vote and think of some possible slogans for her:

"read my lips, no new taxes."
"No Billionaire Left Behind."
"The only thing we have to offer is fear itself."
"Because I haven't finished screwing up the Big Dig."
"Fooled you once, shame on...oh hell, I can fool you again!"
"Because Leona Helmsley isn't running."
"Because I hate gays more than you."
"Democrats do, Republicans rule."
"My actions speak for my character."
"Because you get the government you deserve."
"I'm Pro-choice, just like Mitt."

2 comments:

John Hosty said...

I am already getting flack for the title, but it is not changing, lol!

John Hosty said...

If we do not remember our history we are doomed to repeat it. It seems our republicans count on it.